The general responsibilities of a Youth and Trainee Representative encompasses all matters of a social, personnel or economic nature that affect youth and trainees in the operation directly or indirectly (Section 61, Paragraph 1 BPersVG).
This essentially encompasses:
- Applying for measures that are in the interest of youth and trainees
- Ensuring compliance with the applicable laws, directives, accident prevention regulations, collective agreements and operating agreements
- Accepting suggestions from young employees and trainees, and ensuring qualified training
- Applying for measures to support the integration of youth and trainees of foreign origins
- Regular participation in meetings of the Staff Council and clarification of matters related to training.