Functional Genome Analysis: Overview
The working goal of the research group „Functional Genome Analysis“ is the development of efficient strategies to:
1. analyse the functional biodiversity of the farm animal and to consequently
- understand the genetically-physiological basis as an essential regulation on diversity of performance
- transfer the results to sustained strategies of breeding.
2. contribute the gene-gene and accordingly gene-environment- interactions to
- analyse the impact on the development of characteristics
- determine the animal-specific needs for the condition of livestock farming on the basis of objective assessment criteria
- define an optimal livestock husbandry for the farm animal.